Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Director, Business Operations to lead this expanding function in Operations at Checkr, reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations. This leader will work closely with Operations senior leadership and the Chief People & Operations Officer, and will help us support our hyper growth by leading the way on: support tools and technologies, business analytics, and program management.
The Director Business Operations will lead initiatives to delight our candidates and customers with our service levels -- identifying additional ways for the team to leverage tools and technology, driving a deep understanding of the operation through quantitative analysis, and driving scale across the team with process improvements. The leader will initially manage a team of 3-5 people across Tools, Business Analytics, and Program Management.
- Lead three areas of Business Operations within Operations: Strategic Tools & Technology, Business Analytics, and Program Management
- Drive complex, highly cross-functional strategic projects that transform the support operation; drive the delivery of results
- Develop and advise on Operational Dashboards and Metrics to deepen understanding of our support operation, including areas like contact drivers, operational efficiency, and quality. Build and maintain productivity and staffing models across Operations.
- Work cross functionally on enterprise-wide programs with R&D, Corporate Engineering, Finance and Revenue teams to improve customer experience
- Drive the Business Operations growth strategy and build out the necessary skills and sub-functions
What you bring
- 7-10 years in a strategic, analytic roles, including operating experience at a high-growth startup in an Operations team
- Prior experience building and leading a Business Operations, or similar team
- Exceptional project management, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large complex projects and a track record of impact
- Exceptional analytic skills
- Highly proactive and a self-starter
- Strong ability to build cross functional relationships, drive change, and lead senior management
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Prior business leadership roles, ideally in a SaaS, enterprise environment
- 2+ years of strategic consulting experience at a top tier firm
- Analytic degree or MBA preferred
- Loves working in a fast-growing startup
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $187,850 - $221,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.