Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Director of Technical Account Management, you will create the foundation to grow Checkr’s customers by developing/managing a team of professionals that relentlessly drive ROI for our customers. You will work alongside an elite team of fellow Customer Success professionals that succeed through collaboration, grit, and constant learning. You’ll make a direct impact on the business through proactively creating scalable solutions and establishing best practices for our Technical Account Management team.
- Establish key metrics and report to leadership on KPIs to track team performance and prove realized value
- Improve on frameworks, methodologies, and tools to power team growth and improve workflow and efficiency
- Develop a deep technical understanding of Checkr’s Platform, applicable use-cases, and industry-specific knowledge
- Nurture, hire and lead a team of technical account managers, ensuring the success of their customers and the growth of their careers
- Establish relationships with key senior technical customer stakeholders by validating and documenting their technical needs and business objectives
- Identify trends in product utilization, data, tickets, etc. helping to proactively identify issues and resolve them with minimal customer impact
- Advocate for innovation and early adoption of products/solutions available to appropriate customers whether, early access, beta, or generally available solutions with internal and external stakeholders
- Uncover partnership opportunities that are aligned with our customer success, solutions, sales, marketing, or other cross-functional partners
- Perform research based discovery sessions to gather requirements, and engage appropriate teams (Solutions, R&D, etc)
- Creating and ensuring success metrics are achieved as documented in the joint business plans that are created with the Customer Success Manager
- Oversee postmortem, RCAs, etc. after incidents or issues with the platform's various products
- Document and implement the technical account management strategy across all segments of Checkr’s customer base
What you bring:
- 7+ years leading teams in relevant teams in one or more of the following fields such as Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture in one of the following industries:
- Background Check
- Human Resources
- Experience and passion for strategy, process development, and scaling for $MM customers while providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credible and effective strategic initiatives at all levels of the organization, including but not limited to executive and C-level, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems
- Ability to understand and analyze technical concepts, software development processes, and software design methodologies and translating them into business terms
- Understanding of and experience with RESTful API’s (Postman, DataDog, and/or Snowflake applications), networking concepts (TCP/IP), SSO (SAML), and cloud architecture
- Ability and willingness to travel ~20%
- BS/BA degree or equivalent highly preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.