Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will build upon our existing adjudication products suite. The team will build out new APIs and UI experiences to inform our customers of insights into their adjudication and hiring processes. Additionally the team will work closely with the Assess product, which was awarded Fast Company’s Winner in the AI and Data category as part of their 2021 World Changing Ideas Awards. This team’s vision is to empower our customers with data and insights to optimize their hiring process end to end while keeping our mission of fair chance hiring in the forefront of everything we do. This role will be responsible for building the team and building upon the initial stages of the product. Behind the scenes, we embrace micro-services as the best way to isolate everything and select the right tool for the job. We also love asynchronous architectures and building RESTful APIs. We are focused and excited by data processing at scale. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
- Design, implement and scale our microservice architecture
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s customers and prospects.
- Partner with product in driving the technical and product roadmap for measurable business outcomes in adoption by strategic customers
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data on product usage to uncover insights and inform future activities
- Manage the performance and career growth of individuals on the team
- Hire to grow the team
What you bring:
- 2+ years as an engineering manager
- 5+ years as engineer
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, including service architecture and system design
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Passion for mission driven products
- Experience with hiring and growing teams
- Experience with building and owning data analytics/insights products
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch
- Experience building go to market strategy, with cross functional counterparts
- Experience working on products at scale, and understanding the data, legal, technical nuances of supporting complex products
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $176,800-$208,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.