Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This is an exciting time to join Checkr as we build a People function for scale. The Director, People Success will lead the effort to build innovative, creative, and progressive L&D and talent enablement programs that fuel a high performing culture. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic super-creative professional who is driven by intellectual curiosity with a knack for delivering results.
- Responsible for shaping the strategy and managing of all L&D, performance, and talent enablement programs and processes that align with our culture, values and mission
- Have a seat at the People & Talent leadership table
- Collaborate with executives, managers and, People Business Partners to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen Checkr for the future
- Ensure that our values are woven through every program
- Actively seek ways to integrate our diversity and belonging philosophy and commitments into programs
- Manage and iterate on our recognition program, as well as other programs, to anchor our values and principles
- Develop tools and resources for organizational development and intervention programs in partnership with business leaders and People Business Partners
- Address engagement and performance needs with creative talent programs solutions
- Partner with People Technology to design and deliver high tech, high touch L&D and talent enablement tools and processes
- Design, deploy, and lead Checkr-wide performance and talent enablement programs (e.g., goal planning, semi-annual performance reviews, engagement survey)
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve People programs, policies, and initiatives
- Build and scale the People Success team
What you Bring:
- Deep progressive experience in human resources
- Strong experience in an L&D or talent enablement role
- Designed and deployed creative and complex leadership and individual L&D programs
- Designed, deployed and managed full-cycle talent enablement programs
- Experience with instructional design, program development, facilitation, organizational design, developing innovative talent enablement programs, and organizational advising
- Passion for people development both professionally and personally
- Ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Strong advising, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on
- Proven ability to maintain and manage relationships with stakeholders by soliciting input and providing updates on key initiatives and providing overall program-specific information
- Solid program management skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.