Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Adjudication team. This team’s charter is to enable our customers to make more efficient, accurate, and fair decisions in the hiring process while maintaining compliance and allowing for configurability of decisioning workflows. Additionally, this team has a unique ability to be able to have a significant impact on the Checkr mission of fair chance hiring. The flagship product of the Adjudication team is Assess, which was awarded Fast Company’s Winner in the AI and Data category as part of their 2021 World Changing Ideas Awards. In this role, you will collaborate with your teammates to build new products as well as support feature enhancements to existing products.
- Own the product development of features from design, implementation, to release
- Partner with product, design and other stakeholders in designing new features
- Collaborate with other engineers in architecting and implementing new features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our products
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Monitor, investigate, triage, and resolve production issues as they arise for services owned by the team
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- A strong communicator who can bridge concepts across engineering teams and lead software architecture design and development discussions
- Leading software architecture design and development discussions.
- Creating enterprise web applications and associated backend RESTful web services that work on a variety of interfaces
- Developing microservices design and REST APIs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.