Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Business Systems Manager, HRIS to join the Corporate Engineering team. You will be the domain expert for all HR business processes, including advising the HR teams, managers, and employees on use of the Workday HCM system, Greenhouse, Adaptive and other ecosystem tools in support of overall business operations. You will Partner with HR teams to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and demonstrate the return on technological capabilities.
- Own configuration, administration and management of Workday and other HR systems ensuring security, end user access, and providing a delightful employee experience.
- Core responsibilities include design, configuration, troubleshooting issues, reporting and testing to implement HR solutions to drive adoption and ease of use.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership on People systems in the functional aspect of system design.
- Continuously identify trends and gaps within our systems landscape and lead ongoing efforts for process improvement, system enhancements and/or new applications that make progress toward the long-term vision of People Systems.
- Act as liaison between People Team and IT and/or 3rd party systems vendors.
- Oversees functional testing for all HR system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance
- Primary production support for Core HCM and other HR modules business processes
- Establish appropriate auditing and monitoring of HR data and Support audit and compliance efforts, where necessary.
What you bring:
- 6+ years of Workday Core HCM required
- HCM configuration experience with In-depth knowledge of Workday HCM, business processes & reporting, and working knowledge of Advanced Compensation, Benefits, Onboarding, Absence Management, Adaptive Insights, EIBs and Integrations
- Functional knowledge of HR Business Processes (Benefits, Compensation, Learning, Performance/Talent, Recruiting)
- Understanding of Workday HCM concepts (Position Management, Organizations, Hierarchy, Supervisory Orgs, Staffing Models, Support Model)
- Prior experience developing and generating reports & analytics; ability to analyze data and metrics to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Experience managing multiple priorities & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Workday certified preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience driving projects to completion
- Greenhouse/ATS, Adaptive experience a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.