Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a user-centric, data-driven, Senior Staff Partner Product Manager to own multiple products in our Checkr product portfolio, to serve the needs of our partners.
This position works with our partnerships team to develop a deep understanding of the distribution landscape and competitive environment, to formulate a vision and roadmap for Checkr’s partner integration suite, including APIs and embeddable experiences. You will engage with our partners to identify opportunities and to support them in integrating with Checkr.
You will work closely with other Senior Product Managers, prospects, customers, compliance, security, and support while collaborating with User Experience, Engineering, IT, Marketing, Product and Program Management to help develop the roadmap, vision, definition, design and to deliver the underlying platform systems and applications necessary to support continued system scale.
- Develop a deep understanding of user engagement and other product metrics, extracting insights to inform the roadmap and to continuously improve performance of our integrations throughout our partner channels.
- Work in a dynamic environment where iterating quickly is critical
- Own features from conception to launch, working directly with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver impactful, differentiated, easy-to-use partner integrations
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s partners and customers.
- Drive the product roadmap and measurable business outcomes for integrations with key strategic partners
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features
- Drive cross-functional decisions and alignment with sales, product marketing, customer success, business development, customers, and technology partners
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data on product usage to uncover insights and inform future activities
What we value in a Product Manager:
- 8+ years of experience in product management for an enterprise cloud/SaaS product/service or a combination of product management and engineering or management consulting working on solving large-scale technology issues.
- Build a vision and plan for a large product area and drive it end to end
- Understand customer rollout strategy and synthesize into wholistic product requirements
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch. Experience building go to market strategy, with cross functional counterparts
- Experience working on products at a global scale, and understanding the data, legal, technical nuances of supporting complex products
- Strong technical background to enable you to contribute meaningful features and seamless integration
- Excellent user experience skills and attention to detail. You have an instinct for good product design and an understanding of usability best practices
- You exhibit passion that elevates and inspires when leading the team including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets of direct reports
- Outstanding presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Masters Degree preferred; MS or MBA
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $202,400 - $232,760.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.