Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Reporting to the VP, People - the Director of People Operations will be responsible for scaling and iterating to create an amazing employee experience, and data-driven People Operations across a core set of programs, systems and processes. The Director will be responsible for managing HR systems, Total Rewards, Onboarding and People analytics. You will partner with other leaders within the People Team, and stakeholders across the organization to design and deploy progressive policies and programs that demonstrate Checkr’s commitment and care to its employees.
- Build and lead the People Operations team.
- Shape and define the overall People Ops and Technology team strategy and operating model, which includes but is not limited to: Onboarding, Offboarding, Compliance, Contingent Workforce Management, People Analytics, HRIS, Total Rewards, and the People Technology stack.
- Partner with other People team leaders as well as key cross-functional partners such as Payroll, FP&A, Legal and IT
- Drive excellence in People analytics to ensure high-quality data and enable robust reporting and business insights.
- Proactively surface and solve complex and cross-functional issues before they create challenges for employees, managers or cross-functional partners.
- Lead all internal audits from an HR perspective
- Own and oversee our core HR systems & technology and ensure data integrity across all employee platforms
- Evaluate and improve total compensation programs and philosophy; help educate managers and employees on pay practices
- Own all policy & compliance matters (handbook, policies, training requirements, audits, annual reporting, etc)
What you bring:
- Deep experience managing People Operations in a fast paced environment (Tech company experience highly desired)
- Prior experience with people management and scaling operations.
- Familiarity with best practices for HR/People.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of People Ops, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote values across the company.
- Prior experience owning HRIS processes and workflows. (Workday experience highly desired)
- Proven expertise in analyzing people-centric data and building data-driven action plans for employee success, development, and engagement, and partnering with leadership to implement change.
- Knowledge of US employment laws and relevant subject matter knowledge including on benefits and immigration.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships, including recruiting, payroll, IT and other partners.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $161,500-$190,000.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.