Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join Checkr’s Corporate Engineering team as Director, Business Intelligence. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Corporate Data Engineering team - designing and building best-in-class data & analytics platforms for an exceptional customer experience, primarily focused on our business data in functions like Sales, Finance, People, and Marketing. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment brings an analytical, data-driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. An exciting hands-on opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth of Checkr!
- Drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across Checkr enterprise systems and define and execute a plan to achieve that vision.
- Hire, develop and lead a high performing and passionate Data engineering team
- Develop a close partnership with business leaders to understand their data needs and challenges, define a roadmap that aligns with objectives, and deliver high-quality data solutions.
- Partner with Data platform and Engineering teams on design, build and launch of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage the delivery of high-impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Develop and lead the strategy for data governance, master data management, and data quality initiatives. This position empowers the company through analytics and data insights.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in leading BI and Data Warehousing teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Data and Enterprise architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience, data modeling, integrations, and business intelligence tools
- Experience leading data governance and/or master data management initiatives
- Deep understanding of data privacy and security required of personal data
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.