Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Investigations Associate plays a central role at Checkr. At Checkr you will join our growing Operations team which ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the background screening process. This position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to juggle multiple priorities, acute attention to detail, and a willingness to dive deep into investigations and compliance initiatives. You will become part of a gritty hard-working team creating a new standard of investigations in the background screening industry.
- Work in partnership with court researchers, vendors, law enforcement agencies to investigate disputes with a high level of accuracy
- Proactively explore problems and potential solutions to ensure report compliance with internal and external requirements
- Foster an environment of experimentation, critical thinking and precision; find ways to challenge your investigation skills/techniques and those of your peers to improve the disputes process and provide a better candidate experience
- Contribute to innovation in trust & safety related product and service initiatives
- Own your investigations and ensure you and your team are setting a new standard for CRAs. Collaborate with the Operations and Compliance teams to redefine and implement processes to improve the quality and timeliness of dispute resolution
- Proactively diagnose and identify areas of opportunity for further investigation in response to local and national media inquiries and headlines
- Communicate cross-functionally with our Candidate Experience and Customer Success teams to ensure timely resolutions, provide feedback and bridge knowledge gaps in the disputes process. Synthesize feedback and recommendations to compliance, product and engineering teams
What you bring:
- Candidates with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience. Experience in risk, fraud, compliance, or trust & safety is preferred.
- Research-driven with excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills. An understanding of judicial process and experience working with penal & vehicle codes and municipal ordinances is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with law enforcement agencies, court clerks and researchers is a must. Takes ownership and pride in documenting details and actions taken
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well with deadlines
- Process and solution-oriented. Comfortable making decisions and leveraging resources to ensure confidence in doing so
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet-based) is required, GSuite and Zendesk experience preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $54,400-$64,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.