Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are Checkr’s product experts. As Checkr’s Director of Solutions Engineering, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of Solutions Engineers, scaling the company’s efforts providing pre-sales engineering, sales strategy, relationship building, enterprise solution development for our most valuable customers and partners along with scalable programs for high velocity segments.
Checkr’s Solutions Team is responsible for:
- Engaging customer stakeholders to uncover strategic priorities and product plans, identify potential use cases, and understand their tech stack and unique technical requirements
- Applying their understanding of the customer tech stack to design innovative solutions that leverage Checkr’s platform to address customer technical requirements
- Demonstrating expertise and evangelizing the technical and compliance capabilities of the Checkr to the customer
- Owning all technical aspects of sales process, including answering technical questions, conducting product demonstrations, building technical parts of proposal documentation, and scoping the technical work to be done as part of delivery engagements
- Supporting the Account Executives in completing technical, regulatory, security, and data privacy assessments from potential customers
- Developing relationships across complex customer stakeholder landscapes, building a reputation as a trusted technical advisor
- Collaborating with Project Delivery, Product, and Platform teams to ensure successful transition and implementation, stay abreast of emerging customer needs, and guide Product roadmap
We are looking for someone who can be hands on with projects and can drive new process development with cross functional teams. You will succeed through attention to detail, clear prioritization, collaboration, tenacity, and a drive for constant improvement. You will be a strategic leader who works closely with the team, other departments, and senior leadership to develop best-in-class processes to consistently delight our rapidly growing customer base, and assure successful onboarding and ramp to revenue. Also you will be expected to scale this team up as the business grows.
- Hire, coach, develop top talent, and provide leadership to a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers to support Checkr’s growth
- Deliver against sales goals and establish strong relationships with customers and partners, as well as with internal cross-functional stakeholders in Sales and Product
- Collaborate with Sales Management to identify areas of opportunity to speed up the sales cycle, increase conversion rates and increase average sales price
- Develop scalable processes and program to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process
- Ensure that all Solutions Engineers are certified to discover, demo and execute PoV’s
- Ensure that the Checkr’s values are demonstrated by the Solution Engineering team at all times.
- Relevant experience with the the following technologies: SaaS, Developer Solutions, APIs, Cloud Technologies
- Understanding of customer segmentation and user personas across Product, Partnerships, Human Resources, Legal/Compliance
- Understanding of technology trends in Gig/Flexible Work, SaaS, API and Cloud Platform economy
- Collaborate with internal product, customer success, and professional service teams to provide the best customer experience (development, purchase, delivery, and deployment)
- Help create new product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Checkrs value proposition using techniques which include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, trial management and documents
- Make recommendations on solution design, deployment, and integration with Enterprise architectures to optimize customer experience
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team and the larger sales organization
- Provide a strong feedback loop from the field to our Products organization.
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience in technical consulting roles such as professional services or technical sales engineering
- 5+ years of leadership experience, building and leading successful teams that exceed goals
- Demonstrated sales leadership ability in motivating teams, overachieving targets, and successfully winning large-complex deals
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand their technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth start-up environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $157,760-$185,600. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.