Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join Checkr’s FP&S team as Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for the company’s company-wide financial planning processes, key financial and KPI reporting, including weekly and monthly business reviews, Board presentations and other financial reporting. This person will lead our 3 Year Plan (3YP), Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and Quarterly Outlook cycles. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Comfort interacting at all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite) as well as board members is a must.
- Collaborate with Checkr’s executive leaders (primarily our CFO and CEO) to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Build and lead a high-performing Corporate FP&S team
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including BoD decks, annual budget, and weekly and monthly business reviews
- Establish necessary reporting and financial controls, and strategic planning for key financial inflection points
- Enhance internal financial management, establishing and maintaining KPI tracking, and strengthening operational infrastructure across all departments
What you bring:
- Extensive experience leading and developing the Corporate FP&A function, with a proven track record in building and growing outstanding finance teams with best-practices in a fast-growing environment
- Deep experience working in high-growth environments (preferably SaaS companies) with exposure to product profitability, pricing models, and forecasting
- Prior experience in a combination of investment banking, management consulting, and private equity strongly preferred
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the board, investor, and executive management levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Quantitative & analytical mindset with high EQ and IQ
- Champion of diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrates the Checkr core values of Grit, Humility, Transparency, Connection and Ownership
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.