Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As our Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst, you will be a financial and operational partner to Checkr leadership. This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional, so you must demonstrate initiative, be inquisitive, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The right candidate will possess strong analytical, communication, and project management skills to influence data-driven business decisions. You will combine your financial modeling skills with your knowledge of the company to become a trusted business partner throughout the organization.
- Be the go-to for financial data. You are the subject matter expert on revenue, costs, and processes. Report and summarize results, risks, opportunities, and recommendations for internal and external meetings (weekly business reviews, Board presentations, All Hands, month close meetings.)
- Lead strategic financial planning processes. This includes monthly reviews, the annual operating plan, and long-range planning.
- Manage high priority projects from end-to-end. These range from in-depth investigations into variable costs, to building a creative marketing budget, to running systems integration projects, and everything in between.
- Be the “glue.” Collaborate with cross-functional teams including go-to-market, product, engineering, accounting, operations, and your teammates.
What you bring:
- 2-5 years of relevant progressive Finance experience in a high-growth environment, including investment banking, tech, or consulting; SQL, data modeling, and visualization tool experience is a plus
- Superior problem-solving ability with experience building dynamic financial models
- Relentless curiosity and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Comfort operating at a high level of autonomy and self-direction in unstructured environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: you distill complex concepts into relatable terms, establish common language when working across teams, and document processes so others can follow them
- An interest in working on a fast-growing team with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it's needed
- A sense of humor :)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.