Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the International Team. We are an entrepreneurial group, driving Checkr’s international product roadmap and executing the plan to become the foremost people and data platform in the world. The team’s vision is to create a product suite and platform that drives democratization of access to employment and services for people in all countries in a desirable, feasible, viable and always fair and compliant manner.
In this role you will be building new international products and services, integrating with global data vendors and service providers and driving international data security and legal compliance across the organization. You will work on the core logic of our background check engine, API design, micro-services, infrastructure, open sourcing tools and more.
Checkr is a collection of small services built on Ruby, Python, and Golang, with both SQL and NoSQL databases as well as message queues for asynchronous tasks. As we build our architecture, we welcome new languages and technologies to our stack. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
- Own the product development of features from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Demonstrate expertise in at least one or two areas where you can drive technology (micro-services, API design, TDD, infrastructure, open-sourcing tools)
- Building shared code, with an eye for developer experience - reusability, readability, modularity, documentation, etc
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- A strong communicator who can bridge concepts across engineering teams and lead software architecture design and development discussions
- Leading software architecture design and development discussions.
- Creating enterprise web applications and associated backend RESTful web services that work on a variety of interfaces
- Developing microservices design and REST APIs
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.