Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to build the logic for recognizing revenues. Checkr provides hundreds of types of background-related screenings to customers. This team will build the logic for recognizing the revenue generated by all screenings, the UI to present the information, related payment authorization functionalities, and more.
In this role, you collaborate with your teammates and build a monetization platform that supports existing product features as well as new product launches. You will play a key role in driving the architecture, design, and innovation for the next-generation platform. You will also collaborate with your teammates to support the current platform until all functionalities have been migrated to the new platform. You will also be designing API, micro-services, infrastructure, open-source tools, and so on.
Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn, and love their work.
- Work with a team to own the end-to-end monetization process for all Monetization products.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our solutions
- Product reliable, performing, and scalable code.
- Collaborate with your engineering teammates and other stakeholders to innovate and solve problems together.
- Own one or two technology areas where you can be the driving force for innovation.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of full-stack or backend software development experience
- A strong sense of ownership on responsible products areas
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with teammates and other stakeholders
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as relational databases, Data structure and algorithm, Object Relational Mapping, REST Apis, microservices, etc.
- Proficient in Ruby, Python, or GoLang
- Experience working with React
- Experience with queueing architecture
- Accounting software or financial system solution experience
- BS degree in Computer Science
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.