Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer with a strong foundation in architecting modern cloud-based data pipelines that help to empower data-driven decision making across teams and organizations. As Checkr scales, so does the need to evolve our underlying data infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work with key business stakeholders and engineering partners to help shape the long-term data strategy of our company and to build a data ecosystem that supports that strategy. While our current data platform uses Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Kafka, and Spark, you will also evaluate open-source tools and vendors that expand our data capabilities. You will help ensure that our foundational data services and processes scale together with the rest of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth of Checkr!
- Build, maintain and optimize critical data pipelines that serve as the foundation for Checkr’s data platform and products,
- Build tools that help streamline the management and operation of our data ecosystem,
- Architect systems for scale and security to keep up with a huge influx of data as Checkr continues to grow,
- Architect systems that empower repeatable and scalable machine learning workflows,
- Identify innovative applications of data that can enable new products or insights and enable other teams at Checkr to maximize their own impact
What you bring:
- 6+ years of industry-related experience in a backend or data engineering role and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience architecting, developing and maintaining production data services
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices and tools (e.g., gitlab and kubernetes)
- Experience and passion for mentoring other data engineers
- Deep programming expertise in Python and SQL
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.