Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Criminal Background Check Engineering Team. In this role, you will be primarily focused on developing test plans and test cases for the Criminal Background check services. You will be developing automated testing for new product requirements as well as existing product behavior. If you are passionate about contributing to testing services and tools that will enable teams across Checkr to provide high-quality products and services, we want you!
- Define and implement a strategy for testing new features.
- Expand our existing test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Work with Engineering teams to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load and stress testing.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer, or related role.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plan and test cases
- You like troubleshooting issues and finding the root cause of a problem
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Fitness reimbursements
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $117,000 - $138,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.