Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
In this role you will join a team working on the beating heart of Checkr, criminal court data. The Checkr application searches court data from all over the county. The team builds integrations with many data providers to gather court data. We are continuously using and improving machine learning models to better classify data. We also build full stack solutions to allow candidates and our customers to safely and accurately complete background checks.
- Collaborating with Product, and Engineering to design and implement new product ideas
- Solving challenging and highly rewarding problems posed by Checkr’s largest customers
- Implementing new feature architectures and designs
- Building, testing and releasing features across the entire stack
What you bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- A strong sense of ownership from feature design through production release
- Tenacious troubleshooting abilities
- Curiosity about data and familiarity with data driven decision making
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Fitness reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.