Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Product Management to head our core Background Check and Intelligence products suite, leading both Product and Engineering teams for our core suite. Checkr is the #1 innovator in the Trust & Safety space. This role will own innovating on our existing products and launching a new line of products. You will make strategic decisions around building and partnering and evaluating the financial impact of those decisions. You will manage a team of exceptional Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and Designers to help them grow and succeed.
Our ideal candidate has built complex products at scale that leveraged a rich set of data, AI/ML and rule engines. They know how to commercialize and sell platform products. They understand the technical, compliance and security requirements building such products.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s customers and prospects.
- Drive the product roadmap and measurable business outcomes for integrations with key strategic partners
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features
- Drive cross-functional decisions and alignment with sales, product marketing, customer success, business development, customers, and technology partners
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data on product usage to uncover insights and inform future activities
What we value in a Director of Product Management
- 12+ years experience as a PM at an Enterprise and/or SaaS company
- 5+ years experience of direct management experience
- Build a vision and plan for a large product area and drive it end to end
- Understand customer rollout strategy and synthesize into holistic product requirements
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch. Experience building go to market strategy, with cross functional counterparts
- Experience working on products at a global scale, and understanding the data, legal, technical nuances of supporting complex products
- Strong technical background to enable you to contribute meaningful features and seamless integration
- Excellent user experience skills and attention to detail. You have an instinct for good product design and an understanding of usability best practices
- You exhibit passion that elevates and inspires when leading the team including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets of direct reports
- Outstanding presentation, written, and oral communication skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).