Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Head of Corporate Engineering to help develop and mature information technology strategic initiatives and operational capabilities. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Chief Trust & Security Officer to set strategy and drive execution of enterprise-wide technology, systems, infrastructure, and technical support. This role is very cross-functional across different Trust & Security areas in addition to across different teams to include Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Legal and the executive team.
You will also contribute to protecting Checkr and the people who trust us with their information and safety. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand their information technology requirements and priorities
- Optimize management, configuration, integrations and availability of existing information technology systems and infrastructure
- Ensure critical business data is accessible, synced and integrated across systems
- Prioritize resources, programs, projects, goals, and tasks
- Manage a high performing team
- Evaluate and implement new information technology to support a growing organization and evolving needs
What we value in a Head of Corporate Engineering:
- 12+ years of relevant leadership and practical experience in information technology (systems, infrastructure, support)
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high-quality execution and delivery
- Experience with modern cloud-based SaaS and PaaS tools
- Ability to manage and motivate a high performing distributed team
- Strong people skills to build collaborative relationships
- Embraces the responsibility that information technology is a critical business and productivity enabler
- Exposure to the intersection between corporate and production tools/environments/infrastructure at scale
- Knowledge and experience in information security and security engineering
- Worked in a fast paced startup environment
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.