Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our role.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Identity and Access Management Platform team. This team is responsible for the authentication and authorization of all of Checkr’s services, from dashboards and APIs to internal services and service communication. We are seeking someone who has a strong technical background and is passionate about driving new features from inception through implementation and release. This person would help our team design and implement features like Role-Based Access Control, Custom Roles, Restriction by Segmentation, Long-Lived Identity, SSO, and Third-Party Integrations.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Collaborating with Product, Sales, and Customer Success to design new product ideas
- Solving challenging and highly rewarding problems posed by Checkr’s largest customers
- Working with your team to design and implement new features for IAM services
- Building, testing and releasing features across the entire stack
- Helping guide other developers with different levels of experience
- Helping identify, triage, and solve bugs
What we value in a Software Engineer working on IAM:
- 4+ years of full-stack software engineering, backend engineering, and/or work-related industry experience
- Contributing to internal tooling to help improve our workflows and increase efficiency.
- You are a strong communicator and can bridge concepts to Product Managers and other engineers. You are responsible for the full technical product development cycle from researching, spec’ing, developing, testing and evangelizing.
- Proficiency in Ruby
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with SAML, OAuth, and/or OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Experience with microservices
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.