Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
At Checkr building a consistent brand across all marketing functions is crucial in a continually crowded space. We are looking to increase leadership with a Creative Director, who has proven leadership experience growing an internal team of creatives (art directors, designers, writers) while also demonstrating success collaborating with outside agencies and internal stakeholders. You will help us to define our brand, differentiating us from the competition across mediums and across the customer lifecycle. Your impact will touch many parts of the company and help us fuel our growth across industries and buyers. Our ideal creative leader loves growing teams and helping others grow their careers along the way but also has the creative skills to pitch in when the team is overloaded in design work.
- Leading the recruitment and management of outside creative resources (agencies and freelancers) according to budgets, timelines, and project scope.
- Assigning duties to all creative resources and leading the team in carrying out post production activities like video graphics, motion graphics, interactive web integration, and web marketing.
- Leading professional development of creative team members, discussing team goals and achievements, and recommending promotion of the team members based on productivity.
- Develop a deep understanding of the voice of our customer/prospective customer to partner with product marketing to influence campaign priorities.
- Providing strategic solutions for Checkrs brand and creating unique brand promotion concepts.
- Leading cross-functional development of all Creative Briefs related to campaigns and initiatives, preparing detailed presentations, and assigning various responsibilities to team members for carrying out the campaign effectively.
- Partner with Demand Generation to produce high fidelity externally facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides, and more aligned with our GTM programs.
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience building world class brands and delivering high impact creative a B2B marketing team
- 5+ years hiring and managing individual contributors
- 5+ years managing outside resources (3rd party partners, agencies, freelancers, etc.)
- Experience working with demand generation to evaluate business data to deliver high converting programs that result in revenue
- Successful experience with B2B marketing programs including account based marketing
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Invision, Powerpoint, HTML, PHP, and other web programs
- Understanding of various production procedures, computer software, and web design
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- The opportunity to hire, mentor and grow a dynamic and high performing team
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.