Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with a prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking to hire a Director of Product Management in our Denver Office to lead a team of Product Managers focused on scaling our Platform Services. As the product leader, you will be responsible for establishing the strategic vision, building out a program structure, consulting with key stakeholders in defining services. Success means happy and productive internal customers, and infrastructure that allows us to build the next set of platform experiences that define Checkr’s products and services. Our ideal candidate will have a strong internal/external customer focus combined with a successful track record of delivering large scale services and defining long-term platform strategies.
What You will do
- Provide world-class functional leadership across a series of platform services: identity access management, risk, compliance, product analytics, API management to enable the platform roadmap to be realized.
- Effectively communicate the strategic vision for the platform strategy and drive the execution of the product roadmap.
- Define the organizational objectives and key results for the platform function.
- Tactically link initiatives to the team, and manage the implementation of these initiatives to completion across all functional areas
- Recruit, manage, coach, train, lead, and inspire a global team of dedicated product managers
- Coordinate roadmaps with multiple products in your area and work with other product leaders to deliver a unified vision.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across Checkr and proactively communicate with a diverse and global group of internal stakeholders in a timely manner with respect to product requirements, planning, progress at a strategic level.
What We Value In a Senior Director of Platform Service
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems required; Masters equivalent ideal
- 15+ years of experience leading global cross-functional teams delivering business value in an enterprise SaaS environment
- 7+ years as a people leader
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups including engineering, operations, program, and product management
- Able to deep dive into the data and synthesize into actionable insights for the organization
- Experience interacting with, advising and influencing senior-level leaders, accomplished with presentations
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization, comfortable with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, polished interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and project leadership skills
- A proven track record for full lifecycle product management developing products from concept to doorstep for large scale initiatives.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.