Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business and we are looking to hire a Director of Product Marketing to lead our growth in Denver. The product marketing team has the utmost respect in the company and has already established itself as the team to help define messaging and positioning, build the voice of the customer, set priorities for the product roadmap and prepare our revenue teams to deliver strong close rates to grow the business. With this baseline, we are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to help us expand our capacity. To do this job you need to be skilled in both planning and execution, able to work cross-functionally, and leverage internal stakeholders and partners to deliver effective results. The ideal candidate will have a solid track record at building a team, managing individuals for growth and successfully driving results through influence but locally and remotely. In addition to great leadership our ideal candidate will bring to the table past experiences positioning complex products in the market, a track record working with partners to bring joint solutions to market and a passion to develop valuable stories and content that position Checkr as the industry leader.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Build and lead a rockstar team - Hire, lead, motivate, mentor, and grow the Denver product marketing team ensuring they are set up to succeed while also providing leadership and sharing with the SF product marketing counterparts
- Partner across the organization - Be a trusted partner to the product team, the business development team and our revenue teams to embed yourself and the team into the mindset of our customers and then share insights that inform product roadmap decisions and strategy
- Support revenue growth - Work with product to develop messaging and positioning around our product offerings that clearly differentiate our offerings from the rest of the market and deliver this messaging in enablement content to help accelerate deal velocity, increase win rates and support retention.
- World class content - Partner with the marketing team to produce high fidelity externally-facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides and more that align to all funnels of the GTM plan.
- Pricing and Packaging - Work with product, industry, customer service, finance and others to develop compelling pricing and packaging models to help differentiate our offerings and fuel ongoing growth.
- Industry expertise - Conduct market research into new industries, present recommendations to estaff and build GTM plans for new industries
- Customer leadership - Connect with customers, prospects, sales teams and partners to show them the future potential when working with Checkr.
- Build product assets - Understand the Checkr product suite in depth to help build content including demos and other assets to help sell Checkr on the website.
- Know your numbers - Work closely with cross-functional marketing team to drive the business including tracking, measuring and reporting on objectives.
- 6+ years marketing and product marketing experience in B2B enterprise with a passion for the new world of work
- 2+ years experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations.
- Experience developing pricing models, strategy and rolling out to field teams and customers
- Experience researching new markets, developing TAM, presenting findings and building initial GTM plan for new markets and industries
- Knowledge and understanding of complex sales organizations with a passion for doing product marketing that helps the bottom line and drives business.
- Have developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Proven track record of crafting compelling messaging, positioning and thought leadership content under tight deadlines.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including viral on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks.
- Experience working with direct distribution (sales) teams and channel partners.
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Ability to lead through change, provide stability for teams and act as a liaison across multiple parts of a fast growing organization.
- Strong communication skills including storytelling with PowerPoint, data crunching with Excel, use of salesforce.com, etc.
- Ability to build compelling stories and slides in PowerPoint, Prezi and/or other tools.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology\
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.