Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr’s Foundation Group is expanding and we need smart, capable folks to help us transform the way we design, deliver and manage our data. We are forming a new Storage team and need an experienced Database Reliability Engineer to help us manage and scale different types of relational and document-based databases, and help engineering teams at Checkr to design/model highly performant databases and queries.
- Implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of relational database systems in production and staging environments
- Database performance tuning high availability, replication, backups, and general optimization
- Help define persistent data strategy in containerized environments
- Support the development and deployment of new services and systems
- Work closely with our SRE team and improve observability (alerting, metrics, monitoring) of database infrastructure
- Take part in incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across Checkr’s production infrastructure
What you bring:
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and working experience with storage systems and architectures
- Advanced level of experience with Postgres or MySQL database administration and replication topologies at scale
- Experience working with cloud databases such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, MongoDB
- Experience in writing software in Go, Python or Ruby
- Experience deploying and managing persistence storage and highly available databases in Kubernetes
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.