Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead Quality Engineering team, which is responsible for software testing of entire suit of product at Checkr. The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement across entire SDLC, experienced and highly committed to creating a world class team who is responsible for manual and automation testing for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Checkr product ecosystem works, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on manager who can build a high performing test team.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of overall experience in engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of hands-on software testing experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Manager
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building manual and automation test strategy
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Previous startup experience
- Proficiency in Python or Ruby programming languages
- Proficiency in test automation framework such as Robot, Cucumber, TestNg
What you get:
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.