Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We are looking for Data Engineers with a strong foundation in distributed systems and MPP/Big Data processing engines to help build our data platform from the ground up. Our data platform processes large amounts of data and enables everyone at Checkr to make informed decisions regarding product investments. We use Airflow, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark for our data warehouse and MySQL/Mongo for our production systems.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Identify innovative applications of data that can enable new products
- Build data pipelines to transport and transform data to drive various products and analytics use cases
- Create data models for analytics, ensure data quality and performance tune queries for dashboards
- Architect systems for scale to keep up with a huge influx of data as Checkr continues to grow
What we value in a Software Engineer for this role:
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend or data engineering teams, building systems for scale
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Proficiency with a scripting language (Python or Ruby preferred) and SQL
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BSc or MSc)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.