Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Senior Strategic Partner Manager to join our Business Development team!
As a Senior Strategic Partner Manager, you will manage our top new and existing partners, develop and run our partner onboarding process, and drive positive outcomes for each partnership. The ideal candidate can operate independently at a strategic level, but is also not afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to execute tactically. This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for achieving ambitious revenue goals, work with cross-functional teams, drive change across industries, and directly impact the success of Checkr and our partners.
- Manage executive level relationships with Checkr’s partners (software vendors targeting the Enterprise and/or TAM of $5-$10M)
- Lead the launch process for new partners including sales enablement, marketing and change management, with the end goal of getting the partner to independently promote Checkr as the screening vendor of choice
- Navigate complex and large organizations to find the right decision makers, and identify the ideal strategy to monetize key partnerships
- Manage the growth and monetization of existing partners through scalable programs that can span across multiple industries
- Track partner performance against set goals and share empirical learnings on how and where to improve
- Collaborate and problem-solve at all levels of the partner’s organization and become the connector to different stakeholders within Checkr
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as marketing, product, sales, and customer success
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of proven successful experience in strategic partnerships or customer success, 10+ years of total experience
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Comfortable navigating complex enterprise policies and organizations
- Solid understanding of partnerships and alliances and how they can create value for the business
- Large enterprise experience preferred and experience in the HR Tech ecosystem is a plus
- Resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Technologically savvy and familiarity with APIs, integrations, and SaaS is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and a consultative approach in addressing partner needs
- Detail oriented and highly skilled in project management amid complex situations
- High energy level to match Checkr’s fast paced, start-up environment
- Independent thinker with the ability to see ideas in unconventional ways
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.