Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Director of Customer Marketing you will build the customer marketing strategy at Checkr. You will partner closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to fully understand our customer pipeline and make recommendations around how we can augment our customer experience with marketing to increase our customer engagement, retention and progression from purchase to advocacy. In addition to defining the customer marketing strategy you will help to build out the customer marketing team that through program execution helps to build trust with our customers. Leveraging your strong partnership with Marketing, Sales, CS and our customers you will have the opportunity to help us build a program that WOWs customers from the day they sign and helps us build a steady flow of customer advocates and market awareness. Beyond customer advocates and stories, your program will involve helping customers connect with customers to build a loyal community and ecosystem around Checkr including Customer Advisory Boards, User Groups and panels at conferences. Through this you will help our customers do the best work of their lives resulting in their business success as well as helping us increase the awareness of our differentiated messaging, product usage and resulting case studies and stories. You should be an excellent relationship builder and proven marketing leader driven by the opportunity to build a high impact team that loves connecting customers with companies to help everyone reach success.
- Define and build the customer marketing team and program at Checkr.
- Work with marketing co-workers to build a repeatable and scalable customer program that results in high customer engagement and conversion to advocacy.
- Identify appropriate marketing technologies, systems and processes to ensure transparency and visibility to customer engagement, marketing materials and marketing touches with customers.
- Help to build executive level customer engagements to increase engagement and awareness of the Checkr value that then translates into success for economic buyers and builds their success into customer advocates
- Create a strong funnel of customers who advocate on behalf of Checkr in a way that increases share of voice, decreases deal length, improves product adoption and helps customers transform hiring in their companies.
- Develop innovative new ideas to engage customers and showcase their unique stories.
- Create a strong pipeline of customer leads for a consistent cadence of customer references resulting in the best customer stories in the business.
- Work with customers to help them engage throughout their adoption and usage journey not only with Checkr but with each other resulting in high customer satisfaction and advocacy within all marketing channels (i.e. PR, events, speaking engagements).
- Develop creative WOW ideas that help our customers feel loved while helping them build their success resulting in a steady flow of customer endorsements across our industries and market segments.
- Own flawless execution, track and measure customer success, and report weekly metrics
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies, including creative, legal, finance, support, sales and marketing experts
What you bring:
- 8+ years experience working in high impact marketing and delivering compelling results
- 6+ years demonstrated success in storytelling and driving successful customer engagements leading to customer advocacy and partnership
- 5+ years experience managing and building high impact product or customer marketing teams
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales or CS or both to deliver compelling customer assets
- Excellent skills in crafting stories that convince/persuade prospects to engage and take action
- Track record of successful public speaking demonstrating a true command of content and message
- Experience in developing innovative and compelling presentations
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology\
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.