Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
This is an exciting time to join Checkr as we build a People function for scale. Be a part of a mission-driven company that is passionate about employee experience. Lead the effort to build innovative and creative People technology solutions, analytics, infrastructure, service delivery, and processes to support us now and into the foreseeable future. We’re looking for someone with a deep HR operational background who is passionate about design, analysis, and solving challenging business programs. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic professional with a knack for delivering results and thrives in a very fast-paced environment.
This change champion will be responsible for critical aspects of People & Talent technology, tools, service delivery, and processes across all Checkr organizations. Build a strong team that focuses on the employee experience and service delivery.
- Have a seat at the People & Talent leadership table
- Build and grow a diverse and high-performing team
- Outsource programs and processes that aren’t value/experience drivers
- Build the technology and service delivery roadmap
- Negotiate, implement, and deploy our HCM, LMS, Performance and Compensation tools
- Translate business needs into projects, including prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning
- Optimize and elevate quality, efficiency, performance and scalability of HR systems, processes, and teams that reflect our culture, aligns with our desired employee experience, while being compliant, efficient, and scalable
- Evaluate and deploy new tools and technologies (e.g. RPA, AI, ML, etc.) to enhance employee experience and processes, as well as to improve the capabilities, fill in the gaps of existing systems or rip and replace as needed
- Partner with Corporate Engineering, Payroll, Finance, and vendors in support of systems requirements including RFPs, system maintenance, upgrades, implementations, migrations and process optimization
- Proactively advise on compliance changes impacting candidate or employee process in partnership with Legal
- Deliver self-service experience to employees and managers; monitor system adoption and user feedback; develop processes, tools, support materials, and training to further support and drive a great user experience
What you bring:
- Must be a self-starter with a STRONG bias towards action
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- At least 4 years of people leadership experiences
- 8+ years of experience working on HRIS and HR technology systems
- Deep Workday HCM knowledge
- Experience with other HR technology systems supporting the various areas of HR such as ATS, Benefits, Compensation, etc.
- Solid understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems
- Proven ability to translate business needs and requirements to actionable information usable in system configuration
- Prior experience leading system implementation or migration projects
- Experience working with HR reporting through HRIS systems or other reporting tools such as BI or Tableau reports
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide cross-section of business leaders/functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proactive approach to process improvement and automation
- Strong project management skills Preferred
- Master’s degree in business, HR, MIS, Computer Science or related
- PMP or Agile and Six Sigma certification and/or relative project management/process improvement experience
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.