Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Partner Manager to join our Business Development team! As a Partner Manager, you will help develop our first partner program and support Checkr’s partnerships team broadly.
With the growth of Checkr’s API partner program, we are looking for you to own our self-serve strategy to ultimately drive revenue from our fastest growing segment of partners.
Additionally, you will drive special projects across Product, Sales, Marketing, BD, and Customer Success functions to accelerate revenue growth and build sustainable processes. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to work outside your comfort zone, and a desire to build something great.
- You will deep-dive into the different types of partners and develop a multi-year strategy on how to best structure a self-serve program that will drive the onboarding and monetization of promising new partners
- You will focus on making the program highly self-serve and scalable to ultimately drive revenue for the business (you will own your revenue targets)
- You will track health and performance of the partners in your portfolio and identify if any partners should graduate into a new tier of partners. This will allow you to nurture the most promising partners who will drive the most impact on the business
- You will be comfortable with new types of technology, and be able to navigate how to best communicate technical integration requirements and instructions
- You will ensure business execution by monitoring activities and impact against key performance indicators and pivot partnership/engagement model as necessary
- You’ll also manage and nurture existing partnerships to enable our partners’ success, increase adoption of Checkr, and execute our overall partnership program strategy
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Product to develop partner agnostic programs to implement across several tiers of partners
- You will put into place new processes within BD team and with how we partner with cross-functional stakeholders
Your attributes and personality:
- You enjoy building relationships. You can establish rapport easily, and are ready to jump into escalations or tough situations.
- You are comfortable with data analysis...maybe you love data.
- You are energetic and positive.
- You are detail-oriented and highly organized.
- You show good follow-through of projects even when some are delayed
- “That’s not my job” is something you’d never say
- You show a bias for action and are not afraid to go after things.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of proven successful experience in business development, customer success, finance or related experience. 4+ years of total work experience
- Resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Experience with data analysis and building presentation decks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly skilled in project management amid complex situations
- High energy level to match Checkr’s fast paced, start-up environment
- BS, BA Degree or equivalent work experience
WHAT YOU GET:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.