Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Investigations Associate plays a central role at Checkr. At Checkr you will join our growing Compliance team which ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the background screening process. This position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to juggle multiple priorities while making it look easy, an acute attention to detail, and a willingness to dive deep into investigations and compliance initiatives. You will become part of a gritty hard working team creating a new standard of investigations in the background screening industry.
- Work in partnership with court researchers, vendors, law enforcement agencies to investigate disputes with a high level of accuracy
- Proactively explore problems and potential solutions to ensure report compliance with internal and external requirements
- Foster an environment of experimentation, critical thinking and precision; find ways to challenge your investigation skills/techniques and those of your peers to improve the disputes process and provide a better candidate experience
- Own your investigations and ensure you and your team are setting a new standard for CRAs. Collaborate with the Operations and Compliance teams to redefine and implement processes to improve quality and timeliness of dispute resolution
- Proactively diagnose and identify areas of opportunity for further investigation in response to local and national media inquiries and headlines
- Communicate cross-functionally with our Candidate Experience and Customer Success teams to ensure timely resolutions, provide feedback and bridge knowledge gaps in the disputes process. Synthesize feedback and recommendations to compliance, product and engineering teams
What you bring:
- Candidates with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience. Prior experience in risk, fraud, compliance or trust & safety, media/journalism, market research, academia is a plus
- Research-driven with excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills. An understanding of judicial process and experience working with penal & vehicle codes and municipal ordinances is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with law enforcement agencies, court clerks and researchers is a must. Takes ownership and pride in documenting details and actions taken
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well with deadlines
- Process and solution oriented. Comfortable making decisions and leveraging resources to ensure confidence in doing so
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet based) is required, GSuite and Zendesk experience preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).