Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced, Director, Business Operations, Strategic Programs to build this new function at Checkr, reporting to the VP of Operations and People. This senior leader will work closely with the Executive Team and CEO to drive strategic reviews of critical business issues, lead cross-functional teams to solve key business problems, and operationalize key new business areas. We’re looking for an exceptional business leader with both strategic and operating experience.
- Lead complex, highly cross-functional strategic projects that transform the business; drive the delivery of results
- Evaluate new business opportunities and growth initiatives; identification of critical business blockers and opportunities
- Work with senior leadership team to prioritize strategic business initiatives
- Example projects include M&A integration planning, new market evaluation, evaluating new functions, or recommending changes to long term strategy.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years in a strategic, analytic roles, including operating experience at a high-growth startup
- Prior experience building and leading a Business Operations team
- Exceptional project management, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large complex projects and a track record of impact
- Exceptional research and analytic skills
- Strong ability to build cross functional relationships, drive change, and lead senior management
- 5+ years of strategic consulting experience at a top tier firm
- Prior business leadership roles, ideally in a SaaS, enterprise environment
- MBA or graduate degree recommended
- Loves working in a fast-growing startup
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.