Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Quality Assurance Associate plays a central role at Checkr. At Checkr you will join our growing Operations team which ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the background screening process. This operations position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, acute attention to detail, and a willingness to dive deep into research. You will become part of a hard working, scrappy team creating a new standard of quality in the background screening industry.
- Process high volume (and often repetitive) workflows to ensure quality and maximum possible accuracy of background reports
- Research and explore record quality issues stemming from system flags to ensure report compliance. This may involve investigating records previously disputed or proactively reviewing records for accuracy and compliance using open source information or contacting court clerks and law enforcement agencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, investigate and verify complex records and potential risk issues to fix problems at the root cause
- Work with our Product and Compliance teams to analyze and drive ad hoc projects and initiatives to completion
- Foster an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision and diagnose and identify areas for further quality analysis through individual and team OKRs
- Communicate cross-functionally to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback to drive key performance indicators
What you bring:
- Candidates with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience. Prior experience in risk, fraud, compliance or trust & safety is a plus
- Research-driven with excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills. An understanding of judicial process and experience working with penal & vehicle codes and municipal ordinances is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Takes ownership and pride in documenting details and actions taken
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well with deadlines
- Process and solution oriented. Comfortable making decisions and leveraging resources to ensure confidence in doing so
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet based) is required, GSuite and Zendesk experience preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).