Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a Technical Support Engineer who can help with the day to day operations such as troubleshooting technical issues, audio visual in our all hands space as well as support our EStaff team. We are a fast paced team working on many different projects and tasks while learning about new technology on a regular basis.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Investigate and resolve technical problems related to hardware, applications, network or other IT issues for Checkr Employees.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting and solutioning for hardware or application issues.
- Document operational processes, procedures and IT knowledge base.
- Preparation, coordination and execution of all IT onboarding and offboarding for employees.
- Troubleshoot, ensure uptime and technical support for all conference room and event space audio/video equipment.
- Provide timely response to help requests related to corporate IT or infrastructure.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of relevant technical IT experience in a fast paced environment.
- 1+ years managing audio/video for mulit-site corporate events.
- Experience with operating and troubleshooting Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and customer service skills
- Effectively and efficiently work with all key stakeholders to manage audio/video at multi-site events.
- Work experience in startup environment
- Experience using cloud applications like Okta, G Suite or Zoom
- Experience using JAMF and Airwatch
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.