Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr’s Business Development Team is responsible for forging new product partnerships in the HR industry and in targeted industry verticals. Team members typically have a background in entrepreneurship, project management, and product partnerships.
As one of Checkr’s Business Development Manager, you will drive new business through your prospecting, deal and pipeline management, and closing abilities. The ideal candidate is a deal maker at heart who thrives on finding product market fit, and someone who loves to help partners solve problems and derive value with disruptive technology.
- Recruit technology Independent Software Vendors as partners to resell Checkr to their SMB and Mid-market customer base
- Develop, coordinate, and execute an effective strategy and sales process across assigned verticals to meet Channel revenue targets
- Support in all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and product assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation
- Assist in refining marketing materials and messaging, including our value proposition for partners and their customer base
- Conduct partner and client meetings, presentations and product demonstrations
- Report on key metrics and provide feedback to our executive and product teams
- Consistently leverage the use of Salesforce CRM to manage account / opportunity progress, performance, and ensure accurate sales reporting and forecasting
- Collect and communicate actionable customer and partner feedback to Checkr’s product and engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams such as Solutions, Implementations, Finance and Legal/Compliance
- Achieve partner satisfaction through professional, best in-class salesmanship
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of proven successful experience in business development or channel sales in a B2B software environment
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding goals and quota
- Creative and persistent networker capable of locating decision makers, building relationships, negotiating and selling a product
- Technologically savvy and familiar with APIs is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and a consultative approach in addressing partner needs
- High energy level to match Checkr’s fast paced, start-up environment
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).