Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As a Senior Data Analyst on our Data Strategy & Operations team, you will play a vital role in designing and executing analyses of new data sources that will enable Checkr to grow existing products and launch new ones. You will serve as an analytical partner to business and product owners, by building the framework to test new data providers and ensuring that Checkr has the best-in-class data sources in terms of speed, quality, and any other metrics that you and other stakeholders think are valuable. Reporting to our Data Partner Manager, this team member will work with our Product, Engineering, Finance, and Legal teams to define quality threshold and drive improvements in the performance and accuracy of Checkr’s data enabled solutions.
- Design and develop scalable frameworks for testing and comparing new data sources
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and optimize Checkr’s product and data supply chain
- Build & maintain data visualizations that empower decision making using tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Scope and manage ad hoc analytic projects driven by the needs of the business such as cost-modeling, quality analysis, and other ad hoc analytic projects
- Help educate coworkers on SQL, data visualization tools, and be an advocate for enhancing Checkr’s data-informed culture
- College degree in analytic field or technical discipline
- 4+ years of applied analytic experience in a fast-paced, business environment
- 4+ years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Experience with BI tools like Looker or Tableau
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision makers to drive impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational & project management skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).