Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Data Analyst plays an important role at Checkr as an analytical partner to business and product owners, by providing easy access to data, guiding strategic decision making, and enabling them to make data-informed decisions and product improvements. Reporting to our Director of Data Strategy, this team member will work with Product, Engineering, Data Operations, and Legal teams to define internal metrics and drive improvements in the performance and accuracy of Checkr’s data-enabled solutions.
- Develop actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboards to help business and technical teams discover insights and increase understanding of our products and services
- Build & maintain data visualizations that empower decision making using tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Scope and manage ad hoc analytic projects driven by the needs of the business such as cost-modeling, quality analysis, and other ad hoc analytic projects
- Help train and educate co-workers on SQL, data visualization tools, and contribute to Checkr’s data-informed culture
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements
What you bring:
- College degree in an analytic field; or technical discipline
- 4+ years of applied analytic experience in a fast-paced, business environment
- 4+ years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI tools like Looker or Tableau
- Experience with scripting languages like Ruby or Python
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision-makers to drive impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational & project management skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.