Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Software Quality group, which is responsible for developing software quality services to entire Checkr product line. In this role, you will be primarily focused on developing test plans and test cases for the Background check services, customer experience, identity, billing, marketplace, and ecosystems teams while contributing to centralized tooling for the entire organization. You will be conducting a manual testing for new product requirements as well as regressing existing product behaviour. If you are passionate about contributing to testing services and tools that will enable teams across Checkr to provide high-quality products and services, we want you!
- Define and implement a strategy for testing new features.
- Expand our existing test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering teams.
- Work with engineering teams to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load and stress testing.
What you bring:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer, or related role.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plan and test cases
- You like troubleshooting issues and find a root cause of a problem
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Worked at a startup
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- Knowledge of any of these, or similar, technologies: Selenium, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, and Phantomjs
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.