Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Accounting Manager, you will help build Checkr’s accounting team and implement processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. You will report directly to our Assistant Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the Checkr.
- Assist in managing the monthly financial close process, which includes ensuring revenue earned and costs incurred are appropriately recorded, overseeing the preparation of account balance reconciliations, reviewing journal entries to ensure complete and accurate and resolving issues
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: Cash receipts & collections, receivables, payables and accruals
- Supervises the work of staff, including: planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing productivity.
- Prepare frequent account analyses to ensure accuracy of business transactions occurring in general ledger accounts and lead investigation and resolution where needed
- Assist in identifying, evaluating and documenting technical and operational accounting issues
- Ability to stay current with emerging financial accounting rules and drive the implementation of new accounting rules within the business
- Identify and create process and control improvements that automate manual work and help scale Checkr’s business
- Prepare financial reporting including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis
- Assist managing annual financial audits and month / quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting and finance department
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience or in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite) and Excel
- Experience implementing projects, managing programs, designing and implementing processes / controls
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead complex initiatives
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.