Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Business Development team at Checkr is responsible for opening markets, forging new partnerships and acting as the tip of the spear to deliver revenue and success for our customers, partners and business.
The International team is responsible for defining and executing the strategy to support Checkr’s global growth. The International Lead is responsible for owning Checkr’s success in a new market. The individual will take ownership of a region and within a matter of months, operationalize the market. It takes a mixture of creativity, empathy, an analytical mind, sales skills and grit to bring a new market to life. This role operates on the front lines, enabling Checkr to seamlessly support our global and local customers and partners.
- Become the expert on your market, learning the current pain points, regulations and opportunity for background checks
- Define and own the success metrics for the market
- Explore, execute and manage partnerships and other business development opportunities required to effectively serve the market
- Lead a cross functional team (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, Customer Success) to operationalize the operating model pre and post sales
- Identify, hire and guide a local team to scale the market
- Develop the new market launch playbook for Checkr
What you bring:
- An appreciation for the complexity of the background check industry across different industries and business models
- A love of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for solving complex problems
- An unparalleled attention to detail with a love for program management (and Gantt charts)
- Cross functional skills: from business development and operations to partnership management, customer support and product management
- The ability to build repeatable, scalable processes
- The highest integrity. Checkr’s values define us. The International lead is our representative and face in the market.
- 10+ years of total work experience
- 5+ business development or general management experience, preferably with responsibility for new market entry years
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a sales and operating plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Early stage or high growth startup experience
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
- Ability to travel 40%+ of the time
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.