Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with a prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Seeking a Principal Product Manager to own the roadmap, refinement, and evolution of our APIs as a product. This person will work closely with our customers and leaders across the organization to define and develop the Product Lifecycle for our API platform. Candidates must have both a proven track record building SaaS platform services and a desire to drive amazing new product capabilities.
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle of Checkr’s platform APIs.
- Create, communicate, and execute the multi-year roadmap and strategy to achieve the goals for this critical product area.
- Understand the needs of current and target developers, customers, and partners to prioritize the most impactful functionality
- Work with our engineering and security teams to specify design, performance and security standards for core functionality, including authentication, rate limiting, and logging.
- Establish a process for adding and certifying new API endpoints.
- Create use-cases, user stories, and detailed product requirements that clearly articulate the functionality of the product that will be developed with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with PMs, technical writers, and engineers to define information architecture and documentation as it relates to the APIs.
- Collaborate with Engineering, UX, and Documentation teams to deliver an amazing product and an exceptional user experience.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of technical product management, product development, or technical professional services experience in building custom solutions.
- Demonstrated success in delivering RESTFul APIs for external consumption.
- Strong organizational skills: prioritization, effective time management, conflict resolution, risk identification, and mitigation.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using hard data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations.
- Ability to listen to and empathize with third-party developers implementing our API, identify problems, and propose creative solutions.
- Collaborative team player - especially in a rapid start-up environment - with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).