Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Financial Infrastructure Team to help accelerate growth through business model enablement and pricing innovation. This team builds and integrates systems for our billing and payments platform. We’re looking for a passionate engineer who takes pride in driving new features from inception through release and is excited about tackling complex problems.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Define, architect, and implement the critical financial infrastructure that powers Checkr’s business
- Improve integration efficiency and data modeling with third party vendors
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Finance to design new product ideas
- Solve challenging and complex engineering and business problems
What we value in a Software Engineer:
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer
- A strong communicator who can quickly pickup new concepts and domains
- A skilled problem solver well-versed in considering and making technical tradeoffs
- Experience building and delivering critical enterprise level solutions
- Proficiency using Ruby
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Stripe, or Zuora integrations
- Experience in billing, payments, or related fields
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).