Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with a prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced technical program manager to help drive execution across our most important strategic priorities across Product and Engineering. In this role, you’ll also drive the product lifecycle framework as well as how we manage our execution operating system. This role is very cross-functional across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success Ops, Revenue, CS, Finance, Legal and the executive team. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future – come to help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Communicating and influencing executives on product planning, execution, and delivery
- Developing, iterating and maintaining the Product Life-cycle and Development Life-cycle
- Managing the intake and escalation processes for Product/Engineering
- Owning the Annual and Quarterly Planning processes for the Product and Engineering organization
- Managing dependencies both within the department and across the company
- Building the charter and plan for the technical program management organization
- Technical skills to understand influence trade-off discussions
- Managing the execution and communication for strategic projects
- Iterating and optimizing our Product and Engineering operating system
- Hiring and managing a team of program managers to support these efforts
What we value in a Director of Technical Program Management:
- 10+ years in a program management role
- Exceptional project management, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large complex projects on web-scale and a track record of impact
- Strong technical understanding of software systems at scale
- Strong grasp of lean and agile techniques
- A mix of both startup and large organization experience
- 5-7 years of management experience
- Experience working with customer-facing teams to prioritize product and development efforts
- Worked at a fast-growing startup
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).