Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Finance, Business Operations Manager will partner with product and business leaders to drive strategic analyses, optimize business processes, and deliver best-in-class execution. From evaluating new market and product opportunities to driving cross-functional initiatives, the Business Operations Manager will formulate strategic recommendations with actionable insights that help make teams at Checkr more productive and successful.
- Drive highly visible, strategic projects that will create significant value for Checkr
- Serve as the conduit across functional teams including Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other internal groups, working to share knowledge and drive people towards company goals and targets
- Conduct in-depth analyses of our various businesses and develop a strong understanding of value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Build repeatable, strategic processes around product pricing and go-to-market to drive business growth and profitability
- Identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency and work with stakeholders to tackle them
- 6+ years of total work experience; preference for 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, PE/VC, or strategy/operations position at a fast-growing technology company
- Comfort with process ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Ability to seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations
- Resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously, with limited oversight
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Superior financial modeling and presentation skills
- Tech savvy and basic SQL experience preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).