Software Engineer - Dashboard Experience Team
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Dashboard Experience Team. This team focuses on the user-facing features of the product, from Customers who order and review background checks, all the way to the applicants who are submitting their personal information. It will work closely with both designers and other engineers to make smooth, effective experiences for Checkr’s users.
- Building new user-facing features, the infrastructure to support them, and writing tests for it all
- Collaborating with Design and Product to design, scope, and build new features
- Helping identify, triage, and solve bugs
- Building shared code, with an eye for developer experience - reusability, readability, modularity, documentation, etc.
What you bring:
- A strong communicator who can bridge concepts across Design, Product, and other Engineering teams
- Experience building customer features using component-based UI frameworks like React
- Ability to deliver clean, robust, scalable, and well tested code
- Experience integrating with and building REST (or other) APIs
- Proficiency using Ruby
- Academic background (BS or MS) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with microservices
- Experience building and delivering products for enterprise customers.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).