Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the first Senior Manager Customer Marketing you will partner closely with our Sales and CS teams to fully understand our customer pipeline by tracking deals, researching customer accounts through implementation, understanding customer use cases, and developing engaging relationships to help convert our customers from users to advocates. You will work with customers to develop their stories ensuring the output aligns with our winning messaging and positioning or in some cases possibly pointing out where we need to adapt based on customer proof points and use cases. You should be an excellent relationship builder, driven by the reward of connecting customers with companies to help everyone reach success.
- Develop a program for identifying potential customer advocates, engaging program prospects in collaboration with Sales and CS and then recruiting and selling customers on the value of partnering in the program.
- Work with Sales and CS to motivate flagship brands to generate the best customer stories in the business.
- Engage customers amongst the Checkr customer base helping them tell their stories as a way to help them realize success while also helping Checkr tell our story to the world.
- Build a strong pipeline of customer leads for a consistent cadence of customer references
- Develop qualifying customer stories/references to leverage in various marketing materials
- Collaborate with customers to help them tell their stories through customer presentations internally at Checkr as well as working with customers to secure commitment to participate in ongoing marketing activities (i.e. PR, events, speaking engagements).
- Own flawless execution, track and measure customer success, and report weekly metrics
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies, including creative, legal, finance, support, sales and marketing experts
- Develop creative WOW ideas that help our customers feel loved from the first day they sign through to their engagement and advocacy.
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience storytelling and delivering compelling product marketing results
- 4+ Demonstrated success in driving successful customer engagements leading to customer advocacy and partnership
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales or CS or both to deliver compelling customer assets
- Excellent skills in crafting communications that convince/persuade prospects to engage and take action
- Track record of successful public speaking demonstrating a true command of content and message
- Experience in developing innovative and compelling presentations
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology\
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.