Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead our driver and motor vehicle data team team, which is one of our highest volume screens provided to on demand driving services and more. This team is part of the core data products and services team which is responsible for interfacing with external vendors, internal data sets, customer dashboards, and internal tools to help applicants move through the process quickly and help customers deeply understand their applicants. You will continue to develop the charter and vision of the team by working closely with your product manager and engineering team to decide how best to impact your team’s metrics, and with broader leadership to work on strategic initiatives in this critical product area.
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Ensure your team is on track for high quality and on time delivery
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
- Mentoring and career development with team members
What we value in an Engineering Manager
- 4+ years as an engineering manager building SaaS services
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).