Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Head of Customer Education to lead Checkr’s Customer Education function for our external partners and customers. Your scope will include building and managing live and online trainings, and our Learning Center at learn.checkr.com. As the leader of the team, you will lead the development and delivery of product and compliance training to our strategic partners and corporate customers in a variety of different formats.
Since compliance training is essential for enabling our partners’ understanding of Checkr’s products and the background check process, this individual must have experience designing and delivering engaging training programs, and have a passion for continuous learning so that they are bringing best practices in learning to our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders. With a talented team in place, you will serve as a mentor and instructional design expert on the team. You should also be comfortable both leading and getting hands-on with the content and delivery of materials.
- Conduct needs analysis with compliance, customer success and other business stakeholders to define and build impactful compliance training solutions for our strategic customers and partners
- Manage the design, delivery and continuous improvement of compliance training programs as well as ongoing learning opportunities to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner
- Manage a portfolio of online trainings, webinars, workshops, individual in-person training sessions, etc. to our strategic customers and partners and internal stakeholders (70% to external customers and partners and 30% to internal stakeholders)
- Manage and select new learning technologies and systems as needed, including growth and maintenance of our Customer LMS
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all training programs and conduct evaluations to identify areas for improvement in training process
- Connect with customers and partners and use the trainings as an opportunity to obtain customer feedback about the training and Checkr product
- Serve as project manager for multiple learning experiences
- Mentor and coach the team on instructional design, facilitation, and learning technologies
- Be an influential thought partner in the development of the long-term vision and strategic direction of customer trainings
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of related experience preferred, including learning content creation and delivery
- Proven track record with LMS, virtual and classroom style training venues
- Desire to grow and take on more responsibilities and build a team, as needed, within a fast-growing company
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Proven ability to translate compliance concepts into vital learning experiences
- Prior content creation related to legal or compliance concepts a plus.
- Must be open and willing to build an understanding in FCRA and laws related to background checks to help develop relevant content
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Previous experience in tech startup environment preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).