Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our platform team. Our team’s mission is to accelerate product development and enhance product quality by solving concerns that apply to all other engineering teams. We are the catalyst in building Checkr’s decoupled architecture by standardizing microservice framework and enhancing observability of the services. Our platform team is open-source first, with multiple open source maintainers and even more users of some of our tools outside the company than inside. Our open source Flagr project allows Product Managers to control and measure feature rollout. We build testing tools like OpenMock to give our engineering teams confidence in their tests. And we’re at the forefront of Kafka tooling in startups. This team ensures that Checkr’s services are incredibly performant and available at all time. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
- Design, implement and scale our microservice architecture
What you bring:
- 4+ years as an engineering manager
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building microservices architecture
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with building generic framework and toolkits
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Ruby, Python or Golang
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).