Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has dominated the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that leverages disruptive technology to deliver modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Front End Software Engineer to join the Enterprise team in building a “best-in-class” product that delights our customers. We are seeking someone who has a strong technical background and is passionate about driving new features from inception through release. You will work closely with Product Design to build out reusable UI components for our design system, and help drive the usage of these components throughout our customer and applicant facing UI’s. You will drive the implementation of our customer facing dashboard. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Building, testing, and shipping new customer facing code using modern web frameworks
- Collaborating with Design and Product to design and build new features
- Maintaining and building out new components for our design system
What we value in a Software Engineer:
- A strong communicator who can bridge concepts across Design, Product, and other Engineering teams
- Experience building customer features using component-based UI frameworks like React
- Strong understanding of the principles of Design, UI, and UX
- Experience integrating with or building REST (or other) APIs
- Proficiency using Ruby
- Experience building UI’s with accessibility as a requirement
- Experience implementing A/B testing
- Experience building motion/animation based UI’s
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).